The Buildings and Grounds Department is responsible for the management and maintenance of our two district buildings and approximately 18 acres of building grounds. We have 9 custodians working in the district.
The Building and Grounds Department strives to:
- Develop and maintain a safe and healthy environment for all students, staff and the Greenwood Lake community.
- Provide continuous monitoring for quality assurance through daily building assessments to enhance and improve district facilities.
- Support emergent repairs on all electrical, plumbing, HVAC and mechanical systems district wide.
- Troubleshoot and repair issues received through School Dude submitted by district personnel.
- Maintain all fields, turf and track to support the many seasonal sports of Greenwood Lake students and community members.
- Schedule and support all after school activities, meetings and building usage of district facilities and fields.
- Comtinue to analyze buildings and grounds systems and procedures to enhance quality, streamline productivity and insure cost effectiveness.